Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Oil bath!

       Many years ago when I bought the shop there was junkpile behind it. Paint cans, bricks, doors, plastic hoses, wheels, you name it. After the big tree was removed I planned to remove the junk but first there were rocks to pick. Just as I finished picking rocks it snowed, 12"?, covering the junk pile. The weather made a swing this week and today was like early September, 70 degrees and sunny. Perfect for addressing the pile of junk. This task is one of the reasons I upgraded for a better tractor and loader this summer. The loader did it's job perfectly with the grapple fork, four tines that pivot to pull material into the bucket, securing 90% of the junk in one load. Next was a load of stump grindings but when I  went to dump that bucket a hydraulic hose ruptured bathing both me and the tractor in hydraulic oil. Fortunately I was in town so I could get to the shop for repair. Because I expect tomorrow to be another day I left one bucket for then. I'll also get the big rock that I left in the field that I didn't want to lift.

      Christmas came in November.  My trip to the post office resulted in the pleasant surprise of two books. One is by the author of A Man Called Ove, which you've likely all read. The name of this is Anxious People and if' it's anything like Ove it will be great. Thanks MJV! So many good books, and now I have time!  The other book The Kurdish Bike...expect a report on them in due time.

Takk for alt

Al

                                        You can see the four tines of the grapple forf.
                                                                Labor saving device.


No comments: