Thursday, November 26, 2020

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

      Being alone on Thanksgiving is a a first for me. Reflecting back on past Thanksgivings they tend to blur together. There were three when I was in the Marines. The first of those was when I was in Boot Camp, the second while I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, California and the third I was living in tent in Japan. The second one I as able to spend with my cousin Marjorie Dahl and her family in Lakewood, CA.

     This Thanksgiving finds me profoundly grateful for good health and safety in the midst of the pandemic. Reflecting on 54 years of marriage to Joanne always fills me with gratitude and I visited her grave this morning. My family, both immediate and other, makes me glad and thankful. Friends around the world are a source of joy and gratitude. YES, YES, so much and so many for which to be thankful!

Takk for alt,

Al

                           
                              The pond across the street at sunrise this morning.


No comments: