Monday, June 15, 2020

Surprised!

  The Christian Century journal often invites readers to contribute essays on selected topics. The essays are interesting with personal stories of truth and authenticity.  The topic for the May 6, 2020 issue was  “plates”.  It was a surprise to find wisdom about grief  in an article about weight lifting plates.
     Sarah Stewart wrote about her grief over the death of her friend. “I felt my life force returning, and I felt it was a response to the friend I still loved, a reminder that the best answer to death is to keep on living.”  P. 26
   “...the best answer to death is to keep on living.”  Now isn’t that the truth! I too, like Sarah, felt my life force returning and it was about ten months after Joanne died. Though living in the land of grief the best answer is keep on living.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: