Saturday, June 20, 2020

Company's coming...came!

   Needing an escape from the city two visitors came to see me. It's either the last day of spring or the first of summer and my visitors have cleaned my cupboards, 13 years maybe?, ("throw that away just because it expired in 2009?") and made rhubarb/raspberry/blueberry crisp! Not only that, they brought Trygve. And, I'm told, tomorrow is Father's Day!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š A feminine touch is quite welcome.
    Lisa and Evy have come for the weekend and my solitude has been delightfully suspended temporarily. Trygve will now stay with me. As the nesting season for ground nesting birds comes to an end his presence in the fields will be less problematic. He was last here at New Year's but hadn't forgotten any of the routines.
    Evy enjoyed the story of the Norwegian bachelor farmer who was on a neighboring farm during my childhood. He was very fussy about washing dishes. He would not allow guests to stack dirty dishes because then he'd have to wash both sides of them.
    A bit of a non-sequitur: Out for a meal with my family in Thailand I had two plates. Having finished what was on one, I placed the one from which I was eating on the dirty plate. ALARM BELLS! My family leaped up saying "No, no, no!" Turns out there's a taboo about doing that because it signals 'death coming.'  Needless to say I've never did that again!

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: