Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday = cemetery

  Last Sunday I drove to Minnesota to visit my aunt’s grave and also her husband’s and son’s. There was a fierce south wind and it was 97 degrees. Today I went to Joanne’s cemetery and there was a fierce south wind but it was only 80 degrees. Wind wears me out much more than heat.
    Also buried in her’ cemetery are my parents, paternal grandparents, two uncles and their wives and a cousin and his wife. Not far from Joanne is my classmate with whom I attended 12 years of school. Very near Joanne is a woman that I knew who was a widow for sixty years! Many children are also buried there and I pause to contemplate parental grief. There is much company in the land of grief.
    Yes, Lord “teach us to number our days and so get a heart of wisdom.”

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: