Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Teaching

        A printed schedule for the week?   In eight years of teaching school in Thailand, today, for the first time, I was given a printed schedule...or as it says "schedual".  Now I know which grade I'll teach and what hour for the whole week. I think it is because the students haven't been testing very well. To address that issue the 6th grade class is going to another location apparently for intensive instruction three days a week. Our 4th grade teacher who is my supervisor(?) leaves our school to do some of the instruction.  That, of course, leaves our 4th grade students without a teacher. Perhaps you can read my dubiousness between the lines. Something does need to be done because there are some 6th graders here who can neither read nor write.
     Whatever the problems I continue to have fun teaching.  There are occasional glimpses that I've taught them something over the years.  There certainly is a difference between the third graders, whom I met with for the first time today, and the sixth graders.  Naturally this is not all my doing.
Fifth grade students responding to something funny.
Posing.

The school seen from the temple.

No comments: