Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Now THAT was different!

   There are similarities between my life at the house here in Thailand and at home in America. Sometimes I'm in the information loop, sometimes I'm out of it and other times I don't even know there is a loop.  Yesterday was probably the latter.
   Imagine the scene.  Having finished teaching for the day I'm in my comfortable clothes at the computer catching up on my email.  A man carrying a large bag comes to the door.  Met welcomes him and shows him to a sewing machine table.  Putting 2 and 2 together I get 5.  With 4 commercial sewing machines in the room I assume he's here to repair one of them.
   Continuing on online I'm aware that Met and man are holding a cat.  "That's odd" I think suddenly paying attention.  The man pulls a syringe from his bag and sticks the cat.  The cat lets out a piercing shriek and violently struggles to free itself.  It soon passes out and a second cat gets the same routine. Finally, I'm told that he's here to spay these young cats, which he does on the sewing machine table.
    It's not over with spaying.  When the anesthesia begins to wear off the cats go berserk, attacking everything in sight. One of them is still frantically paranoid this morning.  However, 4 cats in the house are enough so I sympathize with the plan.  
    You may ask what this cost...will if you didn't you should.  The fee was 200B per cat so the total bill was less than $12,  I'd love to know the man's credentials, but, I never will.  

Doing surgery.

In thr recovery room.

No comments: