Thursday, January 21, 2016

Changes

    A blog post recently mentioned that for the first time in my years of teaching here I have a printed schedule.  Today was my second day using the printed schedule and before classes commenced I was told the schedule was changed.  Another opportunity to employ my mantra "All will be revealed."
    There are changes in the lunch room this year.  Now there are two cooks and they do all the cooking.  No more teachers and students leaving class to help in the kitchen.  They also do all the clean up including washing dishes, stacking chairs and sweeping the floor.  Students used to all of that.  I observed one of the cooks using the same broom to sweep the floor and the crumbs from the table.  I had wondered with the teachers last year if it was good use of teachers and students time to leave class for kitchen work.

My school shining in the sun.


Twin third graders.
Fun on the playground.

 

No comments: