Monday, January 25, 2016

Asian Cold Wave

  Snow in Burma, Laos and Taiwan and here in supposedly tropical Thailand this morning it was 61 degrees.  Having only tropical clothes with me I did shiver a bit.  But the teachers were traumatized. They though I came to school without a coat because I'm immune to cold.  They still think that, but the truth is that I don't have anything heavier to wear than a shirt.
   The wind was whipping around the school but I thought that once we got inside the classroom, closed the doors and windows it might be quite comfortable.  I'd forgotten that both sides of the room have only lattice work walls beginning at the door top and reaching to the ceiling.  So, even with the doors and windows closed the wind blew through the room.
   My solution was to keep the students on their feet and moving for the hour.  Naturally they were happy with that.  Perhaps I even accomplished a bit of teaching.
Third grade (left side). 

Third grade (right side).




No comments: