Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Back In Balmy Bangkok

    Three and a half movies got me from Minneapolis to Tokyo, 12  hours.  I like Chinese and Japanese films with English subtitles.  On the flight to Bangkok from Tokyo , 7 hours,  I had great legroom but was too far from the monitor to read subtitles.  Unfortunately my Kindle died.
     Two changes noticed so far.  At the Bangkok airport my taxi driver took the address I gave him  and put it into his smart phone GPS.  That then guided him to the Bangkok Christian Guesthouse where I'm staying.    This is the first time I've seen that.
      At the 7-11 store where I went to buy a sim card for my dumb phone I learned that I'd have to go to the phone store at the mall for that.  Waited 45 minutes for the mall to open, stood in line at the store and was told I'd need my passport.  That meant a trip back to my room for the passport.   This is a new security requirement.

No comments: