Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hua Hin and back again.

   It was a long mini-bus ride, 4 hours one way, for a short stay at the beach.  But then how long would I want to sit under an umbrella, on an uncomfortable beach chair and watch the surf?  I surveyed the family and we all agreed that we preferred last years destination, Cha Am, to Hua Hin.
   Speaking for myself I found Cha Am to be better for a number of reasons.  It's smaller and much more laid back.  Most of the visitors are Thai.  Hua Hin is populated by a large number of European retirees with few Thai visitors.  Norwegian flags abound and some store list their special sales offerings in Norwegian.  If I want to see Norwegians or other Europeans I'll go to Europe.
   We had a quaint, inexpensive (cheap) hotel which was very clean.  Our rooms were on the 6th floor and there was an elevator.  However, the elevator only ran between floors two and seven.so you had to climb the stairs one floor to use it.  The rationale for such a design escapes me.
On the beach.

No comments: