Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thanks Noble Academy!

     This Thailand trip was different.  Reflecting on the differences I am aware of two changes.  In the first place is the familiarity of teaching in Thailand five times, four times at Wat Klong and three years of living with the same family.  In so many ways so familiar.
     However, the big difference is my relationship with the students at Noble Academy.  Their interest in my trip caused me to open my eyes.  It made me look for things that are unique to SE Asia that I've begun to look past because of my familiarity with them.  I tried to see through the eyes of Noble Students.
     This was a great gift to me. I think it is a truism that life is better, richer, deeper when we truly pay attention.  So, there I was back in SE Asia, an area that I find endlessly fascinating, with responsibility to see on behalf of the students at Noble.  This reality enriched my experience and made the whole trip and teaching experience more meaningful.
   I'm really looking forward to my return to Noble tomorrow (Monday).
   I have many pictures that have not been posted so I'll post some of them from time to time.
Cattle at the downtown temple.

Monk finger painting on the window.

Side view of the big Buddha statue.

Right side of 3rd grade classroom.

Left side of 3rd grade classroom.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetingѕ! I κnοw this is kinda off topic hoωеver I'd figured I'd ask.

Would you be intereѕteԁ in trаdіng lіnκѕ or maybe guest
writіng a blog post or vicе-versa?
My webѕite goes over a lot of the samе subјectѕ as youгs and I bеlieve we
coulԁ greatlу benеfit from eaсh other.
If you're interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

Review my site - Sprechstunde: Augen lasern - Besser sehen Dank OP ... - Stern