Friday, February 8, 2013

Lacking a noise ordinance!

   If I were king of Thailand the first thing I'd do is ask the people to clean up the trash.  It's not unusual to see a car by the side of the road dumping trash in the ditch.  Any unclaimed spot around town is used as a dumping ground.
  My second action as king would be a request to turn down the sound.  The Chinese New Years fireworks have begun.  Loud speakers blare from temples and mosques.  Pick-up trucks laden with merchandise, even fresh meat, ply the streets with a sound track blaring, announcing their presence.  Motor cycles, tuk-tuks and other vehicles roar.  Dogs bark and howl.  Buses have split manifolds,  and straight pipes to enhance their sound.  Neighborhood parties blast ear splitting music through the night.  Could we have a little peace and quiet please?
I Spy asked for an ox but I found this cow in a confinement near the house.

The kitchen at the house, many are outside.

The kitchen.

No comments: