Saturday, April 29, 2023

Plowing can wait!

      Farmers are stirring in the fields now. Some of it appears to be recreational tillage, but what do I know?  Thinking I'd begin tillage with plowing today a cold north wind dissuaded me. With warmer weather forecasted for next week riding a cab-less tractor in the cold seemed foolish.

    Three options for activities are always available. Those three are picking rocks, cutting cedar trees out of the grasslands or hunting gophers. Hunting gophers was today's activity, which like the other options, feature walking in the grass. 

   This was much to the delight of Kaia. She can hardly contain herself in the truck ride in anticipation of running free. She remains in eye contact with me while running. When I walk she runs.  If I'm stopped for any length of time she comes to me. Walking toward the truck she precedes me and when the door is opened she jumps in. Most days she flushes some pheasants but not today.

Takk for alt,

Al



No comments: