Thursday, April 6, 2023

Obituaries

      When did I start scanning obituary pages? Other geezers have confessed that they too peruse the obituaries. In today's paper was an obituary for Nancy Lee, Were she alive I would have told Joanne because Nancy and Joanne were college classmates and friends. Unable to tell Joanne I did the next best thing, I called Jenine, Joanne's college roommate. Jenine lives in Decorah, IA., out of reach o the Minneapolis paper. While not a happy item, some news needs to be shared. Jenine thanked me for allowing her to make a response to the family.

    A reality of life in the land of grief is the news that I cannot share with Joanne. It's a stark reminder of the presence of absence.

   The current book is so good I'm reading it slowly to savor it like a rick dessert. I just don't want it to end. Stay tuned.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: