Saturday, April 22, 2023

Maggie Smith

    I came across this quote from Maggie Smith, "When you lose someone you love, you start to look for new ways to understand the world."  When I read this I thought "Yes, that describes my experience at Joanne's death." Suddenly I occupied a world in which Joanne was past and the future world would be lived and experienced without her physical presence. These five years since her death have been a learning curve about living as a single, but a single much changed from the one who lived 24 years before her. She changed me for the better in myriad ways. Those changes have served me well since her death. She feared for my future without her. She need not have because life with her give me skills, understanding and capabilities to navigate the land of grief in her absence.  Yes, I have new understanding of the world.

Takk for alt,

Al

The poem below is the one that made Maggie Smith famous.

No comments: