Wednesday, April 5, 2023

No thanks.

       When we first came to visit the OFH in October 2021, the apartment I occupy was one of two left unoccupied. When I did the paperwork to reserve this apartment I checked the box indicating interest in up-sizing. Yesterday the housing director invited me to view a two bedroom unit that's available, which is also on the 4th floor. 

    It is a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with three upgrades. The kitchen floor has real hardwood, there's a gas fireplace in the living room and one of the showers has sliding glass doors. The total square footage is slightly over 1100 compared to my 886. Consequently the bedrooms are significantly smaller than mine which is 300 sq. ft. Because I live alone there is no need for separate bedrooms, or even a den, because I have no one from whom to hide.

    It was easy to say "no thanks." Why? The current situation well meets my needs, I have zero need to move and the view from that apartment is over the parking lot and toward a hill. Why give up the view over the Mississippi River Valley?

   Touring that offering was helpful in reminding me of how satisfied I am.

Takk for alt.

Al

No comments: