Friday, April 14, 2023

Birds

    In the fall of 2021 I put up three bluebird nesting boxes for use in the spring of 2022. These three were quickly adopted by tree swallows and all three had nests. When the birds moved on I opened the boxes, cleaned them and left them open for the winter. Now, when I returned to close them, there were swallows on the fence next to the box as if they were waiting to use it. As I mounted four more boxes that were given to me for Christmas swallows were circling just above my head seemingly anxious for  a place to nest. On a trip to Brookings today I picked up three more boxes which I will place tomorrow. There is no shortage of posts on which to place them.

Takk for alt,

Al



                                    Hand painted nesting boxes, not Kaia in the background. 😀

No comments: