Monday, February 16, 2015

Wat Klang School Welcomes Me Back

    Matching the huge sendoff from Grace was the warm welcome at Wat Klang School.  Students had been asking for weeks about my return and the teachers are already pressing me to promise to return next year. The students really light up when I call them by name. Saturday, as a 'thank you' for my teaching the teeachers are taking me on a day trip.  It's a bit of "all will be revealed" deal because much of what they tell me about it I don't understand.
   It has been gratifying to see how much the 4th, 5th and 6th graders remember from what I taught them last year.  This year I've added a new dimension for 5th and 6th grades.  After I've given a student a direction they then give me one.  That forces them to use their English and after a few minutes they were having fun with it.
Students cleaning playground before school

Presenting English word for the day

Flag raising before school

No comments: