Monday, February 23, 2015

Skeleton House

    In 2011 a devastating  flood struck much of central Thailand including Ayuttayha.  The area around my house was under as much as ten feet of water.  This was then a new housing development.  Many of the houses under construction were  abandoned and several stand unfinished now.  One of those is about 20 feet from my front door.
   I call it the skeleton house because the pillars and second floor are poured and metal rafters are in place.  It had stood that way since 2011 until Sunday when work began on it.  First a bamboo scaffold was built around the house.  Then the metal rafters were repainted, though nothing was done about rust.  Nothing has happened since Sunday so I assume the workers are doing it on their day off.
    I had wondered if it would ever be finished and if the original construction could be salvaged.  My family is happy about it because the owners are friends.  Apparently these are not the original owners but are related to people in the house next to ours.

Skeleton house

Making bamboo scaffold
Painting, he ran all over the rafters in his bare feet

No OSHA rules in Thailand


No comments: