Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thailand is Different

   Having spent much time in Thailand there are still things that surprise me,  Every morning at 8:00 a.m., (Thai time means something around 8 o'clock) all the students line up by classes in the school yard.  This morning I noticed that most of the teachers were absent.  When I went to teach my first class, 3rd grade today, there was no teacher present in the room and the same was true when I next went to the 4th grade.
   The mystery was solved when I went downstairs to the lunch hall.  The cook had a doctor's appointment so the teachers did the cooking.  In the meantime their classes were left unattended by any adult except when I was teaching.

(Some of these pictures are posted for Noble Academy students with whom I do 'I spy'.

My breakfast, steamed vegetables on rice

3yr olds line up

4yr olds line up

4th graders Lila and Jam

My omelet for lunch, on rice of course

No comments: