Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hello, Sabatee!

The greetings from children are one of the joys of being off the beaten track. Seeing a Caucasian, and perhaps an old one, is a novelty. So they wave, smile and call out; Hello or Sabatee, the Lao version.
I have yet to figure out the tuk-tuk world. Yesterday leaving my guest house in Vientiane I walked out on the street and agreed with a driver on a price. When I returned with my luggage I was directed to a different tuk-tuk. I figured out it was better suited for the long trip to the depot. Last evening I made arrangements for today's ride to the caves. This morning a different driver showed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Al-Keep up the great posts! It's going to be 20 below zero tonight, so keep us warm with your posts.

John, Teresa and Aidan