Monday, September 19, 2022

Once more for old time's sake!

        Go figure....after trying to get my computer to boot without success I set it aside. Today, with Ken and Barb, we motored from Iowa City to Muscatine, IA...for lunch. It was a beautiful day for driving in Iowa and we had our meal on the waterfront. The Mississippi River misbehaves in Davenport/Rock Island by running west but downstreat in Muscatine its come to its senses and flows south like a good river. In the Merrill Hotel we ate in Maxwell's On The River, which, of course is not 'on' the river but beside it. Very fine dining in a classic setting...yes, I recommend it!

     After a little 'practice sleeping'  after returning to Iowa City when the computer was opened it booted normally.  'Once more for old time's sake' worked. Now I have a huge moral dilemma...do I stop at the computer repair shop on the way home or not?  Uffda, such major decisions.😟

     Well, whatever, I'm still living the good life in Iowa!

Takk for alt,

Al

Marine Ed, in his ultralite, which he does not fly internationally. He did have engine failure once, set it down in a field and called Art for a ride.


No comments: