Thursday, September 8, 2022

Hot and windy!

      The lack of rain is bad enough but today it's 92 degrees and windy so very drying. A real farmer looking at a soybean field judged that it was three weeks from being ready for harvest. Corn is being cut for ensilage. There will be a crop locally but yields will be reduced from lack of rain.

    Kaia and I went rock picking early today to beat the heat and wind. The status I enjoy allows me to work as long as I feel like it. Picking rocks is a challenge to my back so I do it until my back tires. The rocks aren't going anywhere so they'll wait until I return. This task would be whole different matter were it necessary to do all day. It seems there's a glacial moraine in this field that left a rocky seam. Glaciers, a gift that keeps on giving. 😃

Takk for alt,

Al


                               Joanne in our downtown condo.

No comments: