Saturday, September 17, 2022

Much fun!

       When  friends for 63 years, just spending a day together is a delight. Parting last night Ed said "Wear your work clothes tomorrow." Anticipating this when I packed, knowing that we had an unscheduled day, I was prepared. The day was spent doing small odd jobs around the farmstead. Ed is a real farmer in contrast with some who just pretend.  He even let me take his 390 horsepower, four wheel drive, tractor for a spin. The tractor is pictured below. These jaunts to Iowa began in 2007 when I retired and I've only missed 2020  The trip could be called "Go spunge off your Iowa friends" trip. 😁

     Sinai, next door neighbor, Josh,  reports that my rain guage recorded .5" in two showers. Every shower is an opportunity for gratitude. It rained off and on all day here in Iowa. Too bad for the farm show we attended yesterday to be rained on today.

Takk for alt,

Al



Perhaps I should add one of these to my collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Computer problem so having trouble posting.