Thursday, September 15, 2022

497.2 miles.

        Door to door for Marine Corps buddies is 497.2 miles, though Ed says I can round it to 500. 😀  Leaving Kaia at Canine Country Club in Brookings at 7am I rolled into Ed & MaryJanes farm about 3:30 pm. We picked up Art & Sharon then motored to Davenport for dinner. Their son, Jason, came by our dinner so I could catch up with him.  Ed and I have been friends since USMC boot camp in 1959, we're not  old friends we're long time friends. Or as Ed says "We'll be longtime friends until we're senile then we'll be new friends each day." 😁

      Now I'm comfortably ensconced at an Amreican Inn in DeWitt, IA. This is about 15 miles from the IL border. We'll go to IL tomorrow to look at old tractors and stuff. Life is good!

Takk for alt,

Al


       A picture from a previous IA trip, to Mt. Pleasant to look at old tractors and stuff.

No comments: