Monday, March 9, 2015

Teacher's Dilemma

      Now in my final week of teaching I face the teacher's dilemma of having to say goodbye to students knowing that I will not see them again.  This is the 4th year that I've taught the 6th graders so I feel I know them quite well.  My final day is Friday and it is theirs too, because it is the end of the term.  They will move on to middle school at a different site in next term which begins mid-May.
    Anxious as I am to get home and see my peeps it is still hard for me to say goodbye here.  Besides a final goodbye to the 6th graders, having to say goodbye to all the others both at school and in the community is hard knowing that it will be at least year before I see them again. These relationships have become deep and meaningful

The younger students seek me out on the play ground, by 5th grade they're too cool to do it.

With Rick Nelson at brunch

A large flock of goats that live unfenced near the house

No comments: