Saturday, February 8, 2014

Finally...

   Thirteen hours until I start for home.  Now I'm trying to absorb some last Bangkok heat. Too bad I can't bring it with me.
   It's taken awhile but it feels like I've finally hit my stride teaching English with limited Thai language skills. There are some new ideas hatching that I'm eager to try out next year.  It was gratifying to hear that the students anticipate my return. The teachers have been very vocal about my returning for years but it was news to learn that the students also look forward to my coming.
  Over the years relationships deepen and that makes it hard to say goodbye.  Being the bearer of gifts from friends and congregation at home is a great privilege.  Typically when I reveal that gifts are from church and friends at home recipients cry. It's been another good adventure.
   Thanks everyone!  I'll blog more from home and have more pictures to share.  "Pope gone my, krup"  See you next time.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Great job Al! I admire your time and dedication to making a difference with these children and their families.