Sunday, June 28, 2009

Maybe true?????

Lloyd and I would occasionally exchange overnight stays. There were four children in my family and six in his. We were country school classmates and our farms were three and half miles apart. It was always a treat to stay overnight with Lloyd with five siblings there was always something brewing. Lloyd's father, Arnt, had emigrated from Norway. I can still see Arnt leaning into a milk cow and hear the milk squirting into the pail as he carried on a conversation with himself in Norwegian.
Lloyd likes to tell the story of staying at my house one night. We walked home from school together. Gathered around the dinner table my father said, "You boys were late coming home from school tonight." I supposedly replied, "Ya, we had to stay after school for something we didn't do!" "What was that?" my father asked. "We didn't do our arithmetic" I said. Lloyd claims it's a true story but I have no recollection of it and it seems out of character for me. :)

No comments: