Wednesday, July 1, 2009

There were sand "greens"....

We looked at each other and wondered if we should know each other. It wasn't until I signed the book that she said, "I know you!" "I'm Donita Read Klassey." "So, what year did I marry you?" I asked. "1975" she said. That's the year we move away from Mohall, ND. and she and her husband also left returning a few years ago.
Now she's the manger of the Mohall Country Club where I first played golf as a twenty nine year old newly ordained pastor. There were sand greens in those days and the green fee for members was fifty cents. Membership cost $15. Now that's the cost of green fees for non members and the green greens are nicely cut and well maintained. It was a beautiful ND day, about 8o degrees, blue skies and a slight breeze. At this north west location daylight lingers until 10pm at this time of year. ND is blessed with great sight lines...not too many trees blocking the view.
The sad local news is the death of a fifty three year old woman killed when her motorcycle hit a moose.

No comments: