Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"I wouldn't change a thing........"

I've often wished I would have bought some art. Lisa and I were in Peru together about seven years ago. We spent some time in the old Inca capital, Cuzco, before visiting Machu Picchu. In Cuzco there were many young artists peddling their art on the street, both drawings and paintings. They weren't asking very much for them, just a few pesos. I regret not buying a large number of them. If I had it to do over I'd buy many of the drawings/paintings. Why? Primarily to support the artists and could probably have found some use for them. It wouldn't have cost me much but it would have been a boost to them.
I did buy a few finger puppets from a woman who had knit them. I wish I'd have bought her whole basket full of them for her asking price...no bargaining her down.
Some people claim to have no regrets about decisions they have made as they move into or through old age. I'm not one of them. There are many things I'd do differently. This reminds me that there is a vast difference between having "one year of experience twenty times" and "having twenty years of experience."

No comments: