Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Failure to communicate!

Sunday Joanne said, "If we have some time Tuesday perhaps we should pretend we're tourists and do something fun in Chicago." Monday I replied, I'm very quick on the uptake, "If we're going to be tourists my choices would be either Millennium Park or the Art Museum. So we agreed to take the METRA train downtown early today, Tuesday. The train stops only a few blocks from Mark's house where we are staying.
We arrived downtown, walked from Union Station to the Park and discovered that Joanne planned to go to the art museum and I to Millennium Park. We both assumed that the other had the same plan as did we. So we compromised; Joanne went to the museum and I to the park.
Assumptions change; hearing someone talking to him/herself on the street I used to assume mental illness but now I assume cell phone. Yet...how different is that?

No comments: