Thursday, May 17, 2007

Two Corrections

Mistakes abound; #1. I both misspelled and mistranslated a place in which we had dinner in Bucharest. It should be Carul cu Bere and translated 'The Beer Cart'. Our self directed walking map for the historical district says its from 1878 and "built in Gothic style, (it) has the atmosphere of a German beer house, adorned with iron work and wall painting." #2. My second mistake was misspelling the name of the Lutheran trivia character. It should be spelled Teutsch. Two cups of coffee to the first person to identify him. I've never mastered English spelling so it is no wonder I have trouble with Romanian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I did discover the correct spelling of his name via google and the fact that there is a statue erected in his honor in Romania, I'm still not sure what makes him special. It either has to be his bishopness, (was he the first in Romania?) or was he a Romanian Luther? If I don't see you here on Saturday for the Spring cleaning day can I interest you in Thai next week? Safe journeys!
Karri
Karri