Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Mystery Revealed

After centuries of mystery it has finally been revealed why Mona Lisa has such a tight lipped smile. As it turns out she has piece of spinach caught in her teeth about which she's self conscious.

Today we visited Montemarte, the highest point in Paris, and the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. Novenas 9 Euro. Beautiful panaroma of Paris once I managed to drag Joanne away from Pigalle. Quite different ambiance at this end of Paris. Don't know that I've ever seen such a city panorma any where in my travels.

I'm finding the French friendly and quite willing to speak English to me. Perhaps helps that I'm a geezer. A few rain showers today but the sun comes out between.

Some sort of holiday today but haven't figured out quite what it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the romance of Paris might just be breaking through the curmudgeon's outer shell! Any trees in bloom in your part of the world? Enjoy!
Karri

Anonymous said...

Paris can be lots of fun. I had a hard time seeing the Mona Lisa when I was there because of the long lines of Japanese tourists lined up to pose with her.

I loved the Musee d'Orsay, though!

Kim A.