Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Leaving for Thailand 1/21/2018

      In 2012 Thailand suffered a devastating flood.  (See pictures below.)  Pastor Mary Halvorson,  heard about the floods and knew that I was going to Thailand to teach.  She asked if Grace University Lutheran Church could take an offering to send money with me to help flood victims.  Naturally I was thrilled.  Grace has continued this practice of raising money for my benevolent efforts in Thailand.     
      This year Grace again placed special offering envelopes in the bulletins for two Sundays.  So, as I go for my tenth year of teaching English in a Thai elementary school, residing with the same Thai family for the eighth year, I carry with me Grace' generous response to help widows, orphans, students and those struggling to keep life together.  I will use this blog, writing most days, to report on my activities in Thailand.  While I leave on Jan. 21, I do not arrive until Jan. 23, it is a long trip plus I lose a day crossing the International Dateline, so blogging from Thailand will begin on or after the 23rd.
I'm pointing to the flood's waterline in the house where I stay/

The house I lived in my second year shown during the flood.


The house as it looked wen I lived in it.

Students at their desks.

I'm the bearded one in the back.  :)

No comments: