Sunday, January 28, 2018

All WAS Revealed!

    Staying true to my mantra I asked no questions.  There were a couple of hints.  While buying gas for the car yesterday it was said "It will be a long trip tomorrow."  This morning I'd just settled down with me lap top about 7:00 when I was told to get ready to leave because it's a long way...and it was 300 km one way.  The end points were a cave in some karst mountains, and, another hour on, botanical gardens.
    After spending about an half hour at each site we headed home.  There was nothing to do at the cave but climb some steps and look in.  The flower gardens were past their peak now in the dry season.
   The roads are clogged with huge trucks loaded with sugar cane.  Much of the trip was on six lane divided highway and the roads and signage are good.  Traffic was heavy on the return trip.
    Eating dinner out is very special for "my" family, something they do not do when I'm not here.  We headed to one of our favorite spots called "See The Boat" on the Chao Praya River, Thailand's major river.  We were disappointed.  Apparently it has changed hands since last year and neither the food nor the service were good.
   Tomorrow I arise to begin my tenth year of teaching in Thailand the ninth year at Wat Klang.  Yes, I'm excited.

No comments: