Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Traveling!

The curmudgeonette and I are going to take a five trip, leaving Friday, to the Dominican Republic. Are we going to the beach? No. We tried that once south of Cancun, Mexico, and got so bored that we hopped a bus and went to Belize for a day.
We have reserved a hotel in the heart of the Colonial District of Santo Domingo, the city founded by Christopher Columbus' brother. We'll explore the city and skip the beach unless we make a day visit to one.
When we made our plans we thought we'd be escaping the cold and snow. As it turns out we have no snow and it's not very cold.
I'll try to blog from S.D....and Yes, I do plan to spend January in Thailand. I do wonder what I'll find after the floods. I did get word from the family with whom I stayed that the water is almost out of their house now. One friend is sending some $$ with me to give to someone who lost much in the flood.

No comments: