Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Noble Academy

When I walked into the 5th grade classroom to volunteer today the teacher was ecstatic. She said "It's the first time in years I've had a volunteer." Now that's a fun reception! I think I've found my niche.
While I was helping Malachi with his reading I did some of the getting acquainted stuff. "Do you like to ride your bike?" " No." " Do you like to go fishing." "No." "Do you like to play basketball?" "No." "What do you like to do?" "My homework."
While I was helping some students the teacher had a math session with other students. A math problem was projected on a white board. As the students worked the problem, simple Algebra actually, the teacher's writing on the board interfaced with the computer program. When I was a student in that one room country school in SDak. we didn't have that.

No comments: