Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nice Ride Bikes

Scattered about downtown Mpls. are Nice Ride Bikes which are available for rent. Pop in your credit card and pop a bike out of the docking station. Or, people like me, have an annual subscription with our own electronic key that lets us take a bike free for thirty minutes, after which, there is a small fee.
Suffering from a sore heel this summer and with a very energetic young Springer I've taken to biking more and walking less. Trygve loves running alongside the bike. Being the Norwegian that I am, I've learned where to change bikes so I can ride longer than thirty minutes without an additional charge.
What I didn't know is that there is an internal odometer in these bikes that records mileage as they are ridden. So, it was a pleasant surprise when I went online to look at my account and discover that I've peddled over 400 miles this summer. Trygve has run most of those miles as well.

No comments: