Friday, March 5, 2010

Weather report.

Thai folks complain about the weather a lot and it's always the same complaint "too hot!" It is a tropical country after all and Bangkok is not all that far from the equator. Thailand is about 800 miles long from north to south so the northern hill country is cooler. Bangkok is about middle north/south.
I thought that Thai complaining about heat was odd until I though about how much I, and some other Minnesotans, complain about cold. Weather can always be a conversation starter, too. One Thai told me that they had no winter this year.
When I mention on my Facebook page that I wasn't ready to face snow and cold one friend replied "O it's not cold now, temperatures are in the 30s." Well, after having upper 90s everyday the 30s sound very cold to me. I will try not to complain, however, because I've had this nice break.

No comments: