Monday, March 1, 2010

Saying goodbye.

When word got out that this was my last day at Wat Salapoon it became picture time. The classes I taught; 4th, 5th and 6th, were rounded up to have their pictures taken with me. The students who are very reluctant to be photographed alone are gung ho to have their picture in a group. The Headmistress brought the 4th grade out in front of the school and we all posed in front of the school sign.
I don't have the same level of grief about leaving Wat Salapoon this year. Last year I taught everyday but this year only three classes a week; one each of 4th, 5th and 6th. Now my emotional investment is much greater at Wat Klong Klang.
There is no evaluation of my work so I try to read the subtle signals. It felt at the farewell today that my efforts were appreciated. It would be very helpful if they would give me more direction. Every time I ask they say "Yes, yes" but nothing changes.

No comments: