Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cold showers!

Even in the tropics I don't like cold showers. It seems the older I get the less I like cold water but the a/c makes the night bearable and blocks the noise of the dog fights and the rooster crowing under my window in the morning. The sleeping pad I bought yesterday is a great help. Hey, but life is good as I continue to try to master a few words of Thai.
Gai, the woman who is looking after us, said this is a part time job. She lost her fulltime job as a dining room hostess in a Japanese restaurant because tourism was hit so hard by the airport closure and the weak economy. Everyone she knows she says is hurting. She's full of stories about the irresponsible behavior of some of the volunteers. My previous career makes some people nervous.
Tomorrow I will observe Liz as she teaches and take over her classes when school resumes on Monday. She's taught everything from grade 1 to 5.
Friday Liz, Chelsea and I will go to Bkk. Liz, on her way home, and Chelsea for a medical check up. I told her I knew something about medical care in Bkk. After seeing a doctor she'll decide about continuing in the program.
It is hot here...no sign of the cold front nor any snow! Probably a good thing I don't have a thermometer!
Keep those lesson plans for ESL coming ajnegstad@gmail.com

1 comment:

DickO said...

Glad you are enjoying the HOT weather. I am sure the A/C is welcome.
We are down to the final hours before we leave on our trip south of the equator and warm weather. It has been 31 days since we had a temperature above 32 degrees.