Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Warm Again!

The three men standing shoulder to shoulder to shoulder used their machine guns to wave off the sidewalk and into the street. Thinking that being run over was preferable to being machine gunned I quickly complied wonder perhaps if all those persons fearing for my safety were right. It appears that in KC (Kunming City) they armour the people instead of the truck. Glancing into the open door of the bank I saw at least three more machine gun carrying people plus the six on the sidewalk and still more in the minivan. Reminds me of the time Joanne was almost shot on her way to see Ho Chi Min.
Scene in a KC elevator; three young Chinese using a laptop wire into the wires of the elevator ceiling.
On the last blog I hinted at a surprise and the title of this blog provides a clue. I'd planned to stay in KC until Saturday but decided that I didn't want to be cold that long. Tried to change my tickets to Thur. but the only option was today (Tues) so I took it. I'm back in Bkk basking in the heat. I never could get warm in KC...nothing including my hotel room was heated...and I thought if I wanted to be cold I could have stayed in Mpls.
Now that I'm back in favorite family run, 7 station, inter-net cafe, with English speaking computers I'll do some serious picture uploading tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Al, Sounds as if China is NOT high on the list for a return visit. You want cold? Come home. Wind chill -20F today. Be warm, healthy and have fun!!! jj

Anonymous said...

Couple of questions. Why were there so many men with machine guns? What was happening or going to happen?
Second of all the places to go in China how did you select this one? I am glad to hear your back in BKK.
Michelene

Anonymous said...

Got your email about all the confustion. I may start an Alism book along with my dad's Leoisms! :-) Just so you know, it has not been confusing to me at all. Michelene informs me that I'm able to track you because of my ADD. I told her it's more like we understand each other because we're gifted! Miss you and glad you're warm again!

Unknown said...

Here at church we have had to have a discussion on exactly what thoughts you were trying to get across in this entry. It was a little scattered- must be how retired people think. :) Glad to see that you are posting so regularly- very impressive.

KidRanger said...

Glad to hear you are warm again. It's been a source of great amusement to me that inside this Scandoid giant exterior is actually a short Asian man who likes the heat.

Keep well!

Kim A.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Frode understood your story completely and shared it with the stuffers. So perhaps MV and others should take a good look at their own perception capabilities! :-)