Thursday, January 25, 2007

Exqusite Pain

Many years ago, when I was visiting daughter, Lisa, in Cambodia she introduced me to Thai massage. Yesterday I went for one. There was a room with about 10 mattresses in a row. Sometimes there are curtains but often not. Dressed in pajamas, which usually are several sizes to small for me, the masseuse goes to work.
Most often the massage last two hours. Using elbows, knees, hands and feet and sometimes hot stones to bend, twist, knead and rub the masseuse inflicts exquisite pain that is amazingly therapeutic. Oh yes, my two hour massage yesterday cost $9.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I have just turned Kermit Frog green reading about a two hour $9 massage. That is quite a contrast to the 50 min. $49 - which I thought a pretty good price - Thurs. massage I just had!

Finally figured out it is necessary to go to your blog - that an email message won't just appear. So now I'm with the program and enjoying your adventures. Connie