Thursday, January 25, 2007

Flight of the Bumble Bee

Early in my ministry I was presiding at a wedding on a hot summer evening. The kind of hot evening that your clothes melt into the varnish of the pew. All the doors and windows were open to afford the people a little breath of air.
Into this festive assembly flew and uninvited bumble bee. Standing before the altar looking over the heads of the bride and groom I could see the guests part as the bee flew between them, almost as if an invisible hand was parting them.
This scene came to mind when I saw traffic; cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, flowing around an unseen object. When I was parallel to the place of division I saw a one legged beggar lying on his stomach inching his way forward pushing his begging cup ahead of him.
LORD HAVE MERCY.!

No comments: