Monday, September 23, 2024

Also...

    In a recent blog I enumerated some of the gifts from the Marine Corps. Another gift came to mind. After initial training I was assigned to a rifle company on California's Camp Pendleton. A dental evaluation was part of the orientation to Camp. The dentist examining me noticed that I still had my wisdom teeth. 

   Now, 65 years later many of the details are lost to me. Was I asked if I wanted them removed? Did they just do it? I don't remember, but removed they were. Apparently they weren't impacted and removal was routine. While I remember the extractions I wasn't particularly incapacitated. Dental care was provided so their removal spared me the expense of doing it when I returned to civilian life, a gift.

Takk for alt,

Al


    While stationed on Okinawa I had a suit tailor made, which I'm modeling here.

No comments: