Sunday, December 31, 2017

From Story Worth 12/30/2017

    Lisa asks Did I ever get in trouble in School?
     Did I get in trouble at school? Not until 4th grade, unless you count the time shortly after I began school that I decided I didn’t like school and walked home. Lloyd Hope, my classmate in grades 1-12 likes to tell of a time he was sleeping over at my house. We had to stay after school. When my dad noticed we were home late he said “You boys were late tonight.” I said “we had to stay after school for something we didn’t do” “O” he said “what was that?” I said “we had to stay after for not doing our arithmetic.” Dad laughed. I have no memory of this and have only Lloyd’s word that it is true.

    “Ever” should be “always” as in I was always in trouble...nothing very serious just persistently annoying to my teachers. One of my elementary teachers made the mistake of getting in a power struggle with me about doing math problems. She made me stay after to do them, which I still didn’t do and she was trapped there with me. There was an upside for me, too. Much of the evening chores would be done by the time I finally got home.

No comments: