Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Winding Down

    Buddha has a birthday, who would have guessed?  And who might have guessed that it would be an occasion to call off school?  The birthday, observed, is Saturday so there is no school Friday.   Therefore, my last day of school is Thursday...two days left.
    I'll stay in Ayutthaya until Sunday, then go to Bangkok and fly home on Wednesday.  My reward for staying two extra days in Ayutthaya?  Perhaps you can guess?  Saturday we go to a temple. :) And it's Buddha's birthday and a Saturday so it will be overrun with people. Oh yes, and Friday I'm going to give Met a driving lesson,  That should be a stitch.
    For a neophyte she's a good driver.  Perhaps years of riding a motorbike was good training.  But, she holds the brake until a complete stop which makes the car shudder, is annoying and hard on the brakes.  Perhaps we should video the training?
 
Wid, 6th grade, wrote an essay in English about himself and recited to me from memory.  He wants to be an English teacher.

Teachers at lunch.

Teachers Ahm and Mariam.

This 5yr old really misses her mom but she finds me a good substitute for mom.

Wat Chia Wattanaram, lies along my route to school.

No comments: