Thursday, February 9, 2017

Full Suitcase Full Heart

    My suitcase was full of gifts when I came to Thailand  and after the farewell at school it is full of gifts and cards for the trip home.  They sent me off in grand style again, at a full school assembly. Speeches from the principal, teachers and students expressed appreciation and affection.  Among the gifts was one that was particularly popular with the assembly; a plaid shirt like they wear as a uniform.  It delighted me, too.
   The 5th and 6th grades are about evenly divided between Buddhists and Muslims.  English took a backseat to hanging out. playing games, taking pictures and saying goodbyes while I taught(?) the Muslims the first hour and the Buddhists the second..  I'm not likely to see any of the 6th graders again, though, one of last years 6th graders came looking for me yesterday after I had left school.  I'm very sorry I missed her.
   Plans for the next two days have flipped so we'll go to the temple tomorrow and the palace Saturday. The palace is a shorter trip and a repairman is scheduled at the house Saturday.  Saturday being Buddha's birthday, the temple would be jammed so I like the change.
Some of the Muslim 5th and 6th grade,

Munid, who likes neither ice cream or pizza did 80 sit ups without a rest.

Muslim boys.

My special friend.

The princiapal making a presentation.

My new uniform.

 

No comments: