Monday, June 25, 2012

The egg lady said. "I didn't get a number."

  Saturday A & MQ had their acreage sale.  The house, out buildings, and ten acres sold for $115,000.  It was an old two bedroom in good shape.  The consensus at the sale was that it was a fair price.
  A&M had loved there many years and are downsizing to an apartment.  It was a perfect day for a sale.  It rained during the night so farmers couldn't be in the field but by sale time the sun was out, there was nice breeze and the temperature was very comfortable
  The egg lady, from whom I buy fresh eggs for $1.25 a dozen, said "I didn't get a bidding number" when I asked her what she bought.  "That's smart I said"  thinking that would keep one from impulse buying.
  I did have a number and the first thing I bought was a tap and die set, look it up in your Funk and Wagnalls if you don't know what it is.  The second purchase I made was a gift for the curmudgeonette; a recliner.  That was followed by a belt pulley. Perhaps that's what led me astray!  Because my next purchase was a tractor to go with the pulley;  a 1950 IHC Farmall M.  Then I left the sale.

No comments: